Wednesday, January 18, 2012

WELCOME

Hello everyone-

To go along with my screaming eagle food guide to southern VT, I have decided to start a blog. You will have to bear with me as writing is not my strength. I am hoping through this exercise it will get a bit better.  If you are ever reading and feel so inclined to edit, I welcome edits and critiques with open arms.

Over the past couple of months I have become somewhat obsessed with all things "food." In 2011 I did a Social Justice fellowship through Jews United for Justice that forever changed my life. My final project was supposed to be a social justice food guide to DC but my life changed a bit in October  and I moved back to VT for a few, what turned out to be glorious, months.  

It also turns out that the idea of making a social justice food guide for southern Vermont is much more of a realistic project in terms of size than DC.

The idea is to provide a guide for locals and tourists that connects local food to people. A couple friends and I have started a google doc and we already have some data on over 50 nearby farms. The long term hope is that we can cultivate the guide and farmers together and create a co-op!

If you are interested in the project please, please e-mail me/ call me :)

So welcome and thanks for reading!

My motto for 2012 is to fall in love with everything- so I hope that while reading the guide you fall in love! Maybe not with my writing, but with a farm, farmer, or a specific food.

Kisses forever- Shira

3 comments:

  1. Yay Shira! So excited to follow this blog and then to come to VT and try everything you write about! The background design on this is lovely. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you do some vegetarian geared stuff! When I come home in Feb. For the weekend we should do some researching :)
    this is amazing Shira! You never cease to impress me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for your blog - such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete