Friday, January 27, 2012

Breese Hollow Dairy: Organic Raw Milk, Grass Fed Beef and Eggs


Today my former nanny, Jeannie, brought me and one of her belly dancing friends to Breese Hollow Dairy Farm in Hoosick Falls, NY. She heard about the farm from a friend who lives up the road. When we arrived there were 5 or 6 calves chilling in the front yard.
We parked the car and I quickly tried to snap shots of the little brown guys but they were scared and ran off. We entered the barn where we found a cooler with milk and eggs and a fridge with beef.
There was a small sign that read "grass fed beef $6 a pound, milk $6 and eggs $3." Sadly I have eggs coming out my ears, so we just bought a gallon of delicious milk and a pound of beef. The family of 8 or 9 arrived home while we were making our purchase. The woman kindly introduced herself (I don't remember her name) and then went inside with her kids.

We took the milk home and did a blindfolded test. It is remarkably easy to tell the difference between raw and regular milk. Raw milk is delicious!
I am making burgers for dinner tonight with the beef and will top them off with organic spinach!

Breese Hollow Dairy Farm is located at 54 Breese Hollow Road, Hoodisck Falls, NY.  It is on your way into or out of town from Albany. The "store" is open all the time but I believe silly USDA shuts the milk operation down from time to time.

My raw mild experience really brought the beauty out of this rainy VT day!

2 comments:

  1. Love you! Felt like I was right there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you eat bananas too? ;)

    Love you! You have a lovely blogging voice. I'm into it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete