Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My 29th Birthday Dinner at SoLo Farm & Table

I arrived back in VT October 5th, 2011. I was planning on doing a NYC birthday with my family at a vegan restaurant but needed to be in VT. It turned out to be one of the nicest birthdays I have ever had.

My sister knew I would want to go out for a nice meal so she suggested her friend Miles' sister's new restaurant in South Londonderry, VT. SoLo Farm & Table!! Sadly it was so long ago that I don't remember everything I ate. However, the dessert I will never forget!  Homemade basil ice cream--it was simply divine. 

I was in heaven the entire evening because, from a social justice standpoint, I felt good about eating the meat. They locally source almost everything. The owners, Chloe and Wesley, work in the restaurant.  She is the maitre d' and he is the head chef.

The matzah ball soup also tasted like heaven (everything made from scratch).  It was so good we brought some home to my dad. The bread is delivered fresh three times a week from Red Hen Baking Company.

The restaurant is located in an old house with charming rooms and tables and a very nice bar. I give it 5 stars for food, social justice practices, service, and atmosphere and I hope to go back very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment